Terms and Conditions
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose.
- You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s).
- We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Malta.
Lancaster Systems Limited (known as, “Lancaster”, “we” or “us” and “Data controller”) care about how the personal data we receive about you is used and shared, and we take your privacy seriously as a Data Controller in regards to GRPR. This Privacy Notice highlights Lancaster’s privacy practices with regards to information that we collect through websites operated by us, from which you are accessing this Privacy Notice, and other services provided by us, both offline and
You can ask for a copy of this Privacy Notice by contacting us at [email protected]
- We collect statistics about your visit or interactions with our team, which of our web pages are viewed, which sales documents are viewed, which sales or marketing emails are interacted with and which proposals are interacted with.
- 3rd parties like Facebook, Linkedin, Microsoft, Google and Twitter may know that you have visited our website. We can’t control their stance on data but we don’t believe this knowledge poses any threat to you.
- We take great care to keep your information safe and we follow legal guidelines when reaching out to you.
- We share data with selective 3rd parties to help us deliver our own services and enhance your end user experience.
- You can opt out of selected marketing emails with our unsubscribe links and you can access, review and ask us to delete your data if needs be via our contact form.
- You can reach our privacy team on [email protected] and we will reply back within 30 days.
- What types of information does Lancaster
We collect both Personal Data and Other Information.
“Personal Data” is information that identifies you or another individual and which may include: name, title, company name, job title, postal address, telephone number, email address, browser and device information (including IP Address), and information collected through cookies and other similar technologies. If you provide any Personal Data relating to other people to us or to our providers in connection with the services Lancaster provides, you represent that you have the authority to do so, are over 18 years of age, and permit us to use the information in agreement with this Privacy Notice.
“Other Information” is any information that does not and cannot be used to reveal your identity or that of another individual, such as information which has been fully and permanently anonymized and aggregated. We use this information to facilitate our operations and for other purposes described below.
- How does Lancaster collect information?
We and our service providers collect Personal Data and Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the website and services we operate: We collect information through the website, e.g., when you request a free trial or demo, register for a Skype Call, contact us, subscribe to our email newsletter, download content (e.g. PDF versions of our brochures), or register to use our website and services.
- Offline: We collect information from you offline, such as when you attend one of our events, provide us with a business card, during phone calls with sales representatives, or when you contact a Lancaster representative.
- Directly by You: Lancaster collects information such as your location or your preferred means of communication when you voluntarily provide it. Unless combined with Personal Data, this information does not personally identify you or any other user of our services.
- Information From Other Sources: In order to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing, offers, and services to you, we obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing and sales partners, social media platforms, as well as from other 3rd parties.
- Through Web beacons. Web beacons maybe
beused alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile information about your usage of the websites we operate, interactions with emails and sales documents from Lancaster, and to operate and improve our offerings. Web beacons are invisible electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on a visiting computer, such as (1) cookies, (2) the time a particular Website is viewed to the Web beacon, or (3) a description of a Web site tied to the Web beacon.
- Through Your Browser or Device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your
device, such as your Media Access Control address, computer OS (Windows or Macintosh, for example), screen resolution, operating system version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version you are using. An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files and CRM whenever you access our website, along with the time of the visit and the pages that you visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice in our industry and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. Lancaster uses IP Addresses to calculate traffic and usage of our websites, help to diagnose problems with our servers, administer the sites, and monitor the regions from which you navigate to our services. IP addresses can also be used for security purposes and to protect our systems from malicious attacks.
- By Aggregating Information: Aggregated Personal Data does not personally identify you or any other user of our site (for example, we may aggregate Personal Data to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular geographic area code).
- How does Lancaster use Personal Data?
We may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In addition, we may share data with trusted partners to contact you based on your request to receive such communications, help us perform statistical analysis, or provide customer support. If you do not want us to share your personal information with these companies, contact us at [email protected]
- How will Lancaster share Personal Data it receives?
We occasionally disclose Personal Data to our current or future group of companies for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. We also work closely with a selective set of partner businesses to market or sell products or services. We may also disclose Personal Data to our partners for the purposes described above in this document, as well as administrative and data security or control services. Some of our third-party partners co-sponsor other offerings with Lancaster. We may share Personal Data with these partner sponsors when you sign up for events or offerings to allow our partners to send you marketing or sales communications and also information that may be of interest to you, as permissible by law.
In some cases, we buy or sell businesses. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. We may have to disclose personal data to a third party in the event of any reorganisation, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business or assets.
We use the data outlined in this policy to help us determine what products and services might be of interest to you and when you might be ready to make a purchase with us, our group of companies or a partner company. This can be based on, but not limited to, the websites, email, phone activities or published sales content that you interact with and links you use. No automated decisions are made that would result in legal effects or damage an individual.
Our legal requirements may cause us to release Personal Data as we believe necessary and appropriate to law enforcement, tax, fraud prevention, credit risk agencies and other companies and organisations.
- What does Lancaster do to protect data?
We use safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files and we authorise access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities. We enforce strict password security controls to prevent unauthorised access to our systems. We have also implemented organisational, technical, and administrative processes to protect Personal Data within our organisation and when transferring data outside of the European Union. While we take reasonable steps to secure your Personal Data from misuse, loss or interference, including unauthorised access, modification and disclosure, you should be aware no security procedures or processes are ever guaranteed to be completely secure from intrusion or hacking. There is therefore always a risk assumed by sharing Personal Data online with any company. If you believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account with us has been compromised in some way, please immediately notify us on [email protected] or call our general phone number listed on this website.
- How can I access, change or correct any personal data held about me?
If you would like to access, correct, amend, remove or limit the use, or disclosure, of any Personal Data about you that has been collected and stored by us, or have it transferred to another organisation, please notify us at [email protected] so that we may evaluate and respond to your request in accordance with applicable law. If you would like to object to the processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, please contact our privacy team by our general phone number or email to
For your protection, we only implement requests with respect to the Personal Data associated with the particular email address used to send us your request, and we need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will respond to privacy requests within 30 days. Please note that we need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such access, change or removal.
- For how long will Lancaster hold my Personal Data?
We will retain your Personal Data for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection, including to pursue our legitimate business interests, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce applicable contractual agreements.
- Questions or complaints
Your privacy is very important to us and we have set in place measures to protect it. If you have any questions, concerns, or complaints regarding the way we collect and handle your information as a Data Controller, please contact us on [email protected] . If you feel that your issue is not resolved, you may have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
Effective date 21st May 2018